Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What am I doing?

Hi there! This first blog will include my background information, what I am doing and why.

I am a high school teacher and this blog will include details of everything I go through and my honest thoughts about it all. This will require me to remain anonymous and will be known as Mrs. X only. I will not give my location, name or other details that would identify myself. I will not use real names of students, faculty, staff, or anyone else associated with my school. In fact, I will not use the real name of my school at any time.

I hope this blog will be informative in such a different, honest way and show some of what teachers deal with on a daily basis. Every teacher is different, every school is different so my views will probably be different from a lot of other teachers. My situation is also unique because I am trying to get out of the classroom yet remain in education.

My title: Confessions of a burned out teacher because I am burned out, I do not like being in the classroom and will be honest and blunt about my true feelings. I am not willing to quit teaching to get just any ole job so my quest to find a profession in the educational field outside the high school classroom is my goal. I have been a high school teacher since 1998 nonstop so something has kept me there this long. I am not a bad teacher, I am not the best teacher. I am quick to admit that I could be a much better teacher if that is what I really wanted to do.

I hope I will give everyone that reads this an inside look into my life and get something out of it that they can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment